Bodegas Manzanos is located on a natural scenic lookout with a vertical drop of about 50 meters, right where the rivers Ebro and Ega converge – the cradle where the appellation of Rioja wine was born.
The commitment of five generations of the Fernández Manzanos family results in this winery, whose viticultural tradition dates back to 1890. At the present time, the project is led by the brothers Víctor and David Fernández de Manzanos, as well as the wife of the former, Laura Mateo. Together, the memory, the illusion and the good work of their father, Victor Fernandez de Manzanos Pastor, promoter of the existing facilities in 2007 is kept alive.
The design of the winery follows the French chateaux style. Our winery was built over a 15 hectares estate, and its construction was staggered over four balconies, integrating it into a magnificent landscape of vineyards that minimizes the visual impact on the land.
For this reason, the construction was mainly based on the environmental sustainability, ensuring maximum respect towards the environment. This effort has been awarded with the Best Of for Wine Tourism 2007 within the category Sustainable Practices, award granted by the Great Wine Capitals
From the beginning, the winery was designed as an open space, ready to receive visitors and to allow them to get to know the Rioja wine culture. This led us to introduce a model of Wine Tourism based on the promotion of guided tours, as well as other activities and events. This commitment is also reflected in the official certificate Equalitas Vitae that enables us to receive people with reduced mobility.
The production capacity of the winery is around 5 million litres with a stock 3,000 barrels.
Bodegas Manzanos is located in the town of Azagra (Navarra), between the San Adrián and Calahorra, on the border between Navarra and La Rioja. This is an eminently agricultural area, rich in natural products and with several food and agriculture designations of origin, such as the lettuce hearts from appellation Tudela, the asparagus from the appellation Navarra, the Piquillo peppers from appellation Lodosa and the wine of the appellation Rioja.
We are based in a strategic area in which to enjoy the nature and cultural tourism offered by both Navarra and La Rioja.
Logroño is about 40 minutes away on the AP-68 motorway, where you might visit its most emblematic area of pinchos, calle Laurel.
The rich cultural heritage of Olite, with the Palace of the Kings of Navarra, built between the 13th and 14th centuries, is also about 30 minutes from the winery. The castle-palace was declared a National Monument in 1925 and it represents the most important example of civil Gothic of Navarra and one of the most remarkable in Europe.
The capital, Pamplona, internationally known for its encierros de San Fermin – the running of the bulls – is only an hour away. There you might also enjoy its famous pinchos and the various cultural activities the city has to offer.
In this area, you can also find several golf courses as well as the Selva de Irati, the second best preserved beech-fir forest in Europe, with 17.000 hectares of virgin forest in the eastern Pyrenees of Navarra, less than two hours away by car.
As far as access and communications, we are located between two important motorways, the AP-68 that connects Bilbao with Zaragoza, and the AP-15 , that connects Tudela with Pamplona.
The airports of Logroño and Pamplona are less than an hour by car from the winery, and Bilbao, with more air traffic, is 180 km away.
We also have a very good train connection due to the high-speed train station in Zaragoza (120 km) and there is also a train connection to Calahorra.